Changes to Apprenticeships and CIPP delivery of Apprenticeships.
Over the last few years, further education has changed significantly. Most recently, the governments Apprenticeship reform programmes and changes to funding rules, including the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy, have led to increasing difficulty in delivering Apprenticeship programmes.
During this time of change and instability, we have taken the opportunity to consider the core services that we provide to the payroll, pension and reward sector, which includes:
- Membership and all the benefits this offers the sector (including the advisory service)
- Policy and research offering a sector voice to policy makers
- Our excellent Payroll training courses and our higher education services ensuring that the sector are provided up to date knowledge on payroll, pension and reward related subjects
Part of the refocus on our core business and the government changes mentioned above, have led to the decision that we will no longer deliver Apprenticeships from 31 May 2017.
The future of Apprenticeships in Payroll
As a direct result of government changes the intermediate and advanced Apprenticeship in payroll (SASE) frameworks expired on 30 November 2016.
We are working with a group of employers (from differing fields of Payroll) are currently developing a new standard Apprenticeship Payroll Administrator apprenticeship. We are hoping this will be available later in the year.
- Searching for an Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship standards approved for delivery
- Apprenticeship standards in development and
- Occupational Apprenticeship standards
If you wish to review other education options in the meantime, the CIPP offers a wide portfolio which can be viewed here or you can call 0121 712 1000 to discuss options.
Also of interest
Membership of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals offers many benefits that will help to advance your career in payroll, pension and rewards.
The CIPP course provision is designed to integrate and enhance your job role and to support your employability. The knowledge you will gain is designed to be applied in the workplace.
The CIPP offer training courses across a wide range of payroll, pensions and reward topics and at all levels of knowledge so whether you are new to payroll or looking to expand your knowledge, the CIPP will have a course for you.