Intermediate apprenticeship in payroll
What will the apprentices learn on this programme?
- Fundamentals of employment legislation for payroll
- Composition of an employee record
- Elements of gross pay
- Statutory and non-statutory payments and additions
- Termination of employment
- Computerised payroll theory
- Statutory and non-statutory reporting of payroll data
- Calculating gross pay
- Creating an employee record
- Processing leavers
- Payroll processing
- Spreadsheet software
- Working effectively in accounting and finance
- Computerised payroll skills
- Functional skills in mathematics, English and information, communication and technology (ICT) if they are needed
Job roles this apprenticeship is suitable for include:
- Payroll assistant
- Payroll clerk
- Payroll administrator
- Trainee payroll administrator
Entry requirements for the programme
There are no formal entry requirements however to be successful it is advisory that the apprentice holds a level two in English, mathematics and ICT.
How is the apprenticeship assessed?
Through a blended learning approach that includes:
- Continual contact with a specialist assessor that will include regular face to face contact and telephone calls (using Skype where possible)
- Work is set (which could include workbooks, workplace evidence, assignments, knowledge texts and examinations), submitted, marked and verified using our e-portfolio system
How long will the apprenticeship take to complete?
Apprenticeship learning normally takes 12 months to complete.
Interested? There has never been a better time to take on an apprentice
For more information and to discuss recruiting an apprentice, please talk to us on 0121 712 1040, email@example.com, #earnandlearn or use the enquiry form.Contact us