This online course prepares those who have completed the Payroll Technician Certificate, or have at least two years experience, who wish to progress to a higher level of study; using evaluation of existing knowledge, additional support and team working guidance.
Please note that previous students of the Foundation Degree must contact the education services team at email@example.com to confirm if their previous registration with the Heart of Worcester College is still valid.
Why should I invest in this qualification?
The Foundation Degree Access Course is a programme of study designed to bridge the gap for those who have completed the Payroll Technician Certificate to progress directly onto year two of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management.
The course incorporates the revised Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programme to ensure students have the required knowledge and practical know-how to be suitable for the second year of the Foundation Degree.
The programme consists of three compents; a working in a team module, The Learning Professional course, and the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment.
- The Learning Professional support programme comprising:
- Six narrated online presentations
- Completion of workbook
- 1,500 word written assignment (not pass/fail - used to identify skill gaps in academic writing)
- Recognition of Prior Learning online test covering modules from year one of the Foundation Degree, including:
- Objectives of payroll
- Assessment of pay and benefits
- Deductions from pay
- Absence processing
- Working in a team