This online course prepares those who have completed the Payroll Technician Certificate, or have at least two years experience, who wish to progress to a higher level of study; using evaluation of existing knowledge, additional support and team working guidance.
Who is this qualification aimed at?
Those working in a role which administers the Local Government Pensions Scheme (England & Wales) or works for an Local Government Pensions Scheme (England & Wales) Administrative authority who have successfully completed the Certificate in Pensions Administration; or have over two years’ experience in a Local government pensions environment.
Why should I invest in the qualifications?
Through this qualification you will gain increased knowledge confidence in the Local Government Pension Scheme (England and Wales) and help prevent penalties and fines for non-compliance.
The Foundation Degree Access Course is a programme of study designed to bridge the gap for those who have the Certificate in Pensions Administrations to progress directly onto the second year of the Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management.
The course incorporates the revised Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programme to ensure students have the required knowledge and practical know-how to continue to the second year of the Foundation Degree.
The programme consists of three components;
- Working in a team module,
- The Learning Professional course,
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment.
- The Learning Professional support programme comprising:
- Six narrated online presentations
- Completion of workbook
- 1,500 word written assignment (not pass/fail - used to identify skill gaps in academic writing)
- Recognition of Prior Learning online test covering modules from year one of the Foundation Degree, including:
- Introduction to Pensions Scheme
- Pensions Payroll
- Working in a team
- Roles and Responsibility
- Accruing and improving Benefits
This course is delivered using our online learning platform
How much does it cost?
The Foundation Degree Access Course costs: £1295 + VAT