This course is ideal for individuals managing the payroll function 'in-house' or managing service providers. The course will also benefit service delivery managers who manage this function on behalf of other organisations.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those new to payroll management or managing payroll without any previous formal training. It will suit individuals managing payroll in-house or service providers.
What will I learn?
Essential skills and knowledge relating to the day to day management of payroll and staff.
- Ensuring PAYE compliance
- Offences and penalties
- Directors National Insurance
- Appointment/resignation in year
- Earning paid before and following appointment/resignation
- Audit and fraud
- Disaster recovery planning
- Payroll obligations
- Holiday pay
- Pro-rata entitlement
- Carryover leave
- Termination of employment
- Case law
- Overpayment recovery
- Causes of overpayments
- Reviewing occurrence
- Reducing incidents
- Zero hours contract
- Anti-avoidance legislation
- Employment and worker status
- Mutual obligation
- Economic reality
- Deductions from pay
- Legal and illegal
- Statutory / contractual/ voluntary
- Legal action
- A comprehensive guide to effective appraisals
- Components of appraisals
- Evaluation and action planning
- Benefits and expenses
- Calculating benefit
- Completing forms
- Key performance indicators
- Using them to your advantage
- Grossing up payments
- Tax award schemes
- Setting up renewal
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Fully understand project management and the cycle required to enable them to achieve their objectives
- Implement overpayment procedures and make legal recoveries
- Identify signs of stress and know how to support or deal with this issue
- Manage their staff in an efficient and effective manner
- Understand the general tax rules of various benefits and expenses
- Develop key performance indicators and the benefit of them
For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1000.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply