Aimed at those who are relatively new to payroll and have completed the Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll for Business (RQF) qualification.
The level two qualification recaps and refreshes what was learned in the level one course but expands on that knowledge by covering more advanced areas such as maternity leave and automatic enrolment.
Please note that this qualification is offered by the CIPP but delivered by Sage.
Who is the course aimed at?
This RQF accredited course is aimed at those new to payroll with little or no prior experience who want to increase their skills and employability or learn to run payroll in their own business.
It includes a recap of the information learned in the computerised payroll level one course but moves onto more advanced processing topics.
What will I learn?
The Skillsfirst QCF computerised payroll level two follows on from the level one course and expands on the basics learned.
The course includes the basic tasks of the company set up, the creation of employee records and calculation of gross pay but moves on to more advanced tasks such as statutory payments, automatic enrolment and HMRC submissions.
- Set up company accounts, generate employee records and complete basic daily payroll functions
- Calculate gross pay and process real-time information payments, as well as statutory sick, maternity and holiday pay
- Process automatic pension enrolment
- Process automatic pension enrolment and payments
- Create reports for HMRC
Upon completion, you will be awarded a Computerised payroll level two certificate of completion from the CIPP, Sage and Skillsfirst.
Delivery, duration and assessment
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
You will also receive:
- Access to Sage 50 Payroll software for six months (RRP £500)
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
This course usually requires 50 hours of study. You could do this in 9-12 weeks if you wanted to study one day per week. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost..
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1063.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
Login details will be sent by close of business on the day the course starts.