Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com.
Who is the course aimed at?
Payroll administrators, payroll coordinators or payroll supervisors working in either a payroll bureau, accountancy firm or in-house payroll team that are responsible for administering payroll.
Do I need to have studied before this course?
- Introduction to payroll
- Essential additions to payroll basics
- Have prior working experience of manually calculating PAYE income tax
Looking to develop your knowledge further? You may benefit from the following courses:
What will I learn?
The delegate will further their knowledge of the interaction between payroll and other internal and external bodies, and deductions that can be taken from pay in addition to tax and NICs.
For delegates with knowledge of Pay As You Earn (PAYE), NICs and statutory payments, it completes the core basic knowledge requirements of the payroll office.
The day is designed to be a workshop where you will work through a wider number of exercises that are used throughout the day to solidify your learning.
- National Insurance contributions
- Director’s National Insurance contributions
- Administration of deductions
- Pensions overview
- Student Loan Deductions
- Attachment orders
- Jury service
- Real-Time Information
- Remittances and end of year obligations
On completion, delegates should be comfortable with the following:
- Understand a broad range of payroll obligations and responsibilities
- Reconcile monthly and annual returns
- Process and file returns accurately within defined timelines
- Apply current legislation to the payroll function
- Calculate and record a variety of payroll requirements