Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course aimed at?
Payroll administrators, payroll coordinators or payroll supervisors working in either a payroll bureau, accountancy firm or in-house payroll team that are responsible for administering payroll.
Do I need to have studied before this course?
- Introduction to PAYE and NICs
- Introduction to payroll or
- Have prior working experience of manually calculating PAYE income tax.
Looking to develop your knowledge further? You may benefit from the following courses:
What will I learn?
You will come away from this course with an understanding of PAYE and NICs so that you can prepare manual payments, correct errors and understand the information you are required to enter into systems to pay employees accurately and on time.
The day is designed to be a workshop where you will work through a wider number or exercises are used throughout the day to solidify your learning.
- UK PAYE and NIC processes
- Starters and leavers
- Treatment of gross pay
- Calculation of PAYE and NIC
On completion, delegates should be comfortable with the following:
- Calculate gross income
- Calculate PAYE and NICs liabilities
- Correctly handle starter and leaver payments
- Understand the sequence required for calculations
- Understand and confirm systems output
- Calculate net pay