Continuing professional development (CPD)
What is Continuing professional development (CPD)?
CPD is any form of learning or development that benefits you in your professional environment. If you have learned something new then this is CPD, this includes, but is not restricted to:
- Using the CIPP’s Advisory Service
- Taking part in on the job learning
- Reading News On Line, Professional in Payroll, Pensions and Reward or another publication
- Networking with new or existing contacts
- Attending training courses and/or events
- Achieving a professional qualification
Who needs to complete CPD?
Whatever level of membership, you have access to the CPD area of cipp.org.uk.
In accordance with the CIPP code of conduct all associate, full and fellow members need to evidence CPD to be able to renew their membership. The CIPP continuously spot checks CPD activity so make sure you take the time to log any form of learning or development on your record to ensure your membership level is maintained.
Why is CPD important?
CPD is a combination of approaches, ideas and techniques that will help you manage your own learning and development.
It is about where you want to be and how you plan to get there, an investment that you make in yourself. CPD can help you keep your skills up to date and prepare you for greater responsibilities. It can boost your confidence, strengthen your professional credibility and help you become more creative in tackling new challenges. CPD makes your working life more interesting and can significantly increase your job satisfaction. It can accelerate your career development and is an important part of CIPP membership.
To log CPD follow the steps below:
- Log into the members’ area of cipp.org.uk ‘My CIPP’
- Find ‘My CPD’ on the drop down options
- Click on the blue box ‘add a new record’
- Complete the form, record your activity and click ‘submit’
If you need any help with your CPD, would like to discuss your CPD further, or book a face to face appointment at one of our events, please call 0121 712 1073 or email us.Email us