Continuing Professional Development
14 April 2014
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is important to every professional in whatever role or industry they work within. So, being a payroll or pensions professional is no different therefore it is important to keep up to date on the changes in legislation and processes that affect your role in order for you to perform your job successfully.
Through CPD you can apply any learning to your workplace and it should become part of your every day work. Working within payroll and pensions you sometimes have no choice but to keep learning and changing. It comes with the territory and is part of being a payroll or pensions professional.
Make sure you log any learning and development / CPD activity you undertake in your CPD log to ensure nothing is missed.
To assist you in doing this, there is a brief guide below:
- Click Member login at the top right hand corner on the CIPP website. The following screen will ask you to enter your membership number and password. If you cannot remember your password, please click on the forgotten password link as the CIPP does not hold this information. As long as your email address is up to date your password will be emailed to you. Once you are logged in you should be directed to the members home page.
- If you are a Full or Fellow member of the CIPP, are due for renewal within the next three months and have no CPD logged you will have a message asking you to add CPD activity. If not, select “My CPD” from the left hand menu which will open your CPD log
- To add new CPD activity, click “Add a new record” and complete the form
- When you have completed your CPD, click submit and this will be added to your log.
1-2-1 CPD meetings:
All members have the opportunity to book a 1-2-1 CPD appointment at our events. These face to face meetings will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Discuss your CPD objectives and how you can achieve them
- Make sure that you are on track to achieve your CPD
- Identify relevant training and development opportunities to assist you
- Learn how to use the CIPP’s CPD tool and the membership area of the website effectively
- Discuss any other questions or concerns that you have in relation to CPD
You will notice that CPD will be communicated to members more frequently, and that if you haven’t added any CPD online then you will receive reminders to do so prior to your membership renewal.