Automatic enrolment: Business as usual, just like real-time PAYE
12 May 2016
Automatic enrolment is a continuing responsibility for employers. An employer's duties do not end after their staging date.
Employers will need to:
- pay regular contributions into the pension scheme
- monitor the age and earnings of their staff and enrol any eligible staff
- process any requests to join or leave the scheme
- keep and maintain accurate records
- re-enrol eligible staff every three years if they’re not already active members of one.
All of this should become 'business as usual', just like real-time PAYE.
The Pensions Regulator has all the information and guidance to help you understand your clients’ ongoing duties.
The Pensions Regulator also produces a free, monthly e-newsletter with useful information about automatic enrolment. April’s newsletter featured stories on the recent changes to earnings thresholds, re-enrolment, and how to complete a declaration of compliance. There’s also a regular feature which focuses on ‘Hot Topics’ that their contact centre is taking calls about.
Click here to sign up to The Pensions Regulator’s free News by Email.