Agent Toolkits Refresh Programme 2019
13 May 2019
Did you know that HMRC have 20 agent toolkits available for you to download and use?
The tax agent toolkits are a free online resource, aimed at helping you to avoid the most common errors which are seen in filed returns by HMRC.
The toolkits are updated each year to reflect any changes coming in and contain:
- a checklist to help identify the key areas errors often occur
- explanatory notes which identify the underlying types of error, how to avoid them and a brief outline of the tax treatment
- links to relevant online guidance
Toolkits are also updated each year for any changes coming from the relevant Finance Act.
In April 2019 HMRC refreshed the following toolkits:
- Expenses and benefits from employment
- National Insurance contributions and statutory payments
- Capital Gains Tax for land and buildings
- Capital Gains Tax for shares
- Capital Gains Tax for trusts and estates
- Trusts and estates
- Income Tax Losses
- Private and personal expenditure
Go to GOV.UK to access the full range of tax agent toolkits