Course of the week: Advanced Payroll Management
28 April 2014
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at payroll managers or individuals who are responsible for managing the payroll function who need to enhance or refresh their payroll knowledge. It will suit individuals managing the payroll function ‘In-house’ or managing service providers. The course will also benefit service delivery managers who manage this function on behalf of other organisations.
What will I learn?
Managing the payroll function requires essential skills and knowledge relating to the day to day complex technical processes, the management of the role and staff. This two day course covers transferrable management skills such as key performance indicators, service level agreements and staff management.
The course will cover complex payroll and management issues such as:
- Directors’ NIC
- Holiday pay
- Benefits and expenses
- Overpayments and recovery
- Employment and workers status
- Key performance indicators
- Comprehensive guide to effective appraisals
- Service level agreements
- Audit and fraud
- Disaster recovery planning
- Offences and penalties
For the full course outline click here
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Fully understand all the above complex PAYE and HR issues covering Directors’ NIC, holiday pay and the impact of zero hours
- Understanding employment status and the impact of getting this wrong
- Implement overpayment procedures and make legal recoveries
- Understand the general tax rules of various benefits and expenses
- Manage their staff in an efficient and effective manner
- Develop key performance indicators and the benefit of them