Are you taking on staff and running a payroll?
06 September 2017
Whether you are new to payroll or not, you can make use of the host of HMRC digital tools which cover all employer obligations; taking on your first employee, complying with minimum wage regulations, reporting payroll information and many more.
Employer Filing Obligations
HMRC has produced a new webinar to provide employers with additional advice and support about reporting payroll information on time. This webinar explains why it is important for employers to send regular reports to HMRC and importantly what happens if you don’t send reports – penalties and appeals.
Becoming an employer
Get help and support here from the online guide - Becoming an employer.
You can register to get business help and education emails from HMRC.
Several YouTube videos are available:
- New employers - the basics
- When and how to pay PAYE
- Payroll software and sending reports to HMRC
- How to send your final PAYE submission
- How to issue P60s
- How to set up your payroll for the new tax year
- Employers - deducting the right tax from employees’ pay
- Employees - paying the right tax at the right time
- PAYE - what to do if you can’t pay now
- PAYE - what to do if there’s more tax due
Find out about the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage in HMRC’s new online guide paying your workers the minimum wage.
Live webinars last for an hour. You can ask questions during the presentation and get answers from your HMRC host.
You need too register and log in at least 5 minutes before the start time for live webinars. You can also watch recorded webinars at any time but you will need to register first. Topics include:
- Getting started as an employer
- Using Basic PAYE Tools for the first time
- Getting payroll information right
- How to avoid in-year penalties
- The National Living Wage and The National Minimum Wage - cutting your risk series
- Expenses and benefits: an introduction; case studies; employee travel; company cars and fuel; entertaining staff
HMRC employer email alert service
You can register for HMRC’s employer email alert service to get emails from HMRC that will tell you when new information is available, including when new issues of the Employer Bulletin are published - a ‘must read’ bi-monthly publication which provides employers and agents with the latest information on payroll topics.
Go to GOV.UK for full details of live and recorded webinars, and links to e-learning, emails and videos on employing people.