The CIPP's payroll benchmarking survey has re-opened!
27 June 2018
Our annual benchmarking survey has now opened and we have an exciting giveaway for one lucky member who completes the whole of the survey. If you are a full, fellow or Chartered member, you could be in with the chance of winning a free Amazon Echo. This survey is for the 2017- 18 year and will close on 6 August 2018, so don't miss out on this invaluable opportunity. And, we are delighted to announce that this year we are sponsored by Oracle.
The CIPP introduced benchmarking as part of your full, fellow or Chartered membership benefits package to understand how your organisation's payroll compares with others in the market.
This survey is designed to measure the four key strands of providing a payroll service, these are:
- Accuracy of your processes
- Data security
- Average cost per payslip
The survey should take around 30 minutes to complete providing you have the following information regarding tax year 2017-18 to hand before you start:
- How many payslips you produce each financial year
- How many payslips errors are identified
- Whether you met all the statutory deadlines for filing RTI files / other returns / producing statutory documentation
- Whether all deadlines for payments to be made to HMRC / Pension providers have been met
- The true and total cost of running your payroll service
- The total value of overpayments
- How many data security breaches there were
Benchmarking is only beneficial if the information that is provided is accurate and honest, therefore we urge you to be as honest as possible when answering questions within this survey so that you can gain a true understanding of your organisation’s payroll and how it compares with others in the market.
Please note, if you do not complete the survey to the end, you may not have provided enough information to be able to compile a report for yourself.
To take the survey, please email us and we can provide you with the survey link*
*Please note, the survey is only eligible for full, fellow or Chartered members.