Compliance Reform Forum ? 30 March 2016
01 February 2016
The CIPP Policy team attend the Compliance Reform Forum, the next meeting is to be held on 30 March 2016.
If you have suggestions or issues that you would like us to put forward for the agenda please contact Samantha Mann, Senior policy & research officer by email to policy adding CRF Agenda suggestions to the subject heading.
Please submit suggestions by no later than 5 February – thank you
The Compliance Reform Forum (CRF) is a joint forum in which HMRC consults and communicates with representative organisation and Professional Bodies about changes to HMRC compliance checking activities, with a particular focus on the views of tax agents and their clients.
Specifically the purpose of the CRF is to:
- act as the main point of engagement with agent representatives on all new and changed compliance initiatives whenever possible
- seek representative body input into the design and delivery of new compliance checking activities
- provide early notice of compliance activities and information about these
- help representative bodies to explain new and changed compliance checking activities to their members so that they can fulfil their obligations to clients
- monitor and feedback on the effectiveness of compliance processes and consider any post-implementation issues arising as a result of compliance changes
- provide a greater understanding of HMRC’s compliance strategy and how this contributes towards both HMRC’s Vision and Your Charter