Digital Apprenticeship Service for levy paying employers in England
06 February 2017
The Skills Funding Agency has provided an update on when levy paying employers will be able to register to use the Digital Apprenticeship Service and what they can do in advance to prepare.
The Skills Funding Agency (SFA) has a Blog which recently provided an update on the private beta testing of the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS). This prompted questions from employers as to when the service will actually be available. This useful response came from the SFA:
“We have invited a small selection of employers to register on the new apprenticeship service over the coming weeks.
We are phasing the registration so that we can continue testing and improving the service, before inviting all levy-paying employers to register by the end of February.
In the meantime, there are a few things you can do in advance so that you're ready to register. To register, you will need:
- Government Gateway login details for the PAYE schemes you want to include in your account.
- Details for each organisation that will be making an agreement with a training provider for apprenticeship training, including the Companies House or charity number (if you have one).
Government Gateway is the online service that your payroll or finance department use to submit tax returns. If you don’t have your Government Gateway login details, you may need to ask someone from your payroll or finance department to help you set up the account, or to set it up on your behalf.
- If you are registering on behalf of multiple connected companies or charities, you need to think about:
- the structure of your organisations and PAYE schemes
- how you are going to spend your funds.
You’ll need to register every organisation that will make an agreement with a training provider for apprenticeship training.
When registration is open to all employers, we will ensure that we give you the link here on the SFA Digital blog.”