Acas Early Conciliation one year on
15 July 2015
The Early Conciliation service, launched by Acas in April 2014, has had a successful first year with over 83,000 cases.
Acas introduced Early Conciliation in April 2014 to help employers and employees resolve workplace disputes without the need for an Employment Tribunal.
Acas has published details of the first year of Early Conciliation. Key statistics include:
- Over 80% of people who took part were satisfied with the service they received.
- 90% would use the service again
- 63% of cases did not proceed to a tribunal claim
- 15% resulted in a formal COT3 settlement
- 22% progressed to a tribunal claim.
Full details are available from Acas.