HMRC Employer Bulletin ? October 2015
14 October 2015
HMRC has published the October edition of their bi-monthly Employer Bulletin - a must read magazine for employers and agents detailing the latest payroll information.
We would like to point out that in the introduction of the Bulletin in the second paragraph it talks about the article on payrolling benefits in kind. It says, “If you don’t want to fill in forms P11D next year…” this should read 2017 instead of next year and we have let HMRC know so this detail should be amended shortly.
HMRC’s Bulletin 56 includes articles on:
- Report and deduct tax on Benefits in Kind in real time (‘Payrolling’)
- Booklet 490 – Employee travel – a tax and National Insurance contributions guide
- Increase in National Minimum Wage rates
- PAYE payments
- Deadline for final IR35 payments and returns – tax year ending 5 April 2015
- Changes to HMRC bank accounts
- New employees – getting their PAYE starter declaration code and tax code right first time
- Toolkits to reduce common errors in returns
- Company car users can now update their details online
- Statutory Leave and Pay
- Abolition of employers Class 1 National Insurance Contributions (NICs) for apprentices under the age of 25
- Scottish Rate of Income Tax – 6 months to go
- Automatic enrolment: employers keep up to date
Previous editions of the Employer Bulletins are available on GOV.UK.
HMRC’s Employer Bulletin is an essential read for all professionals involved in payroll to keep up to date with the constant change in processes. We will also publish some highlights as separate news pieces to ensure nothing of importance is overlooked.