Employer Bulletin: October 2017
23 October 2017
The latest Employer Bulletin is now available; a ‘must read’ bi-monthly publication from HMRC which provides employers and agents with the latest information on payroll topics.
One of the articles in this edition provides information on the valuation of Benefits in Kind, specifically updates to the P11D and P46 (Car). This article also mentions that HMRC will soon be issuing a short technical consultation paper containing draft amendments to the PAYE Regulation. The amendments will explain what information employers who have registered for voluntary payrolling of car benefits are required to report and how it should be submitted to HMRC. They will also clarify the taxable amounts that need to be reported under OpRA (Optional Remuneration Arrangements).
The Employer Bulletin: October 2017 also includes articles on:
- Changes to Business Tax Account for employers
- Data matters – Your payroll submissions
- Paying HMRC
- Paying HMRC at the Post Office
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Student Loans
- Apprenticeships benefit your business
- New support service launched for mid-sized businesses
- The Pensions Regulator: New employer workplace pension duties
- Digitisation of the VAT Retail Export Scheme