MidlandHR award winners announced
10 July 2015
MidlandHR: Impact Awards demonstrate - how modern talent management, HR and payroll solutions can make a big impression
Nottingham, 1 July 2015 - The 2015 MidlandHR Impact Awards, which took place on Tuesday 30 June, brought together many of the UK's leading HR professionals to share their talent management, HR and payroll achievements of the last year.
Hosted by one of Britain's best known impressionists, Jon Culshaw and held at Nottingham's Crowne Plaza Hotel, over 350 people attended the awards, which were introduced six years ago. The awards were designed to highlight the effective use of HR software and outsourcing services in delivering value and driving organisational excellence.
MidlandHR's Chief Operating Officer, Matthew Jenkins, comments: "Our industry needs opportunities like this for its community to get together to share in each other's successes. The MidlandHR Impact Awards provide an opportunity to learn about how other organisations are using innovative HR solutions to make a powerful impact and drive transformational change.
This year's awards were judged by: Jason Spiller, Editor at HR Director Magazine; Hazel Williams, Senior Lecturer in Human Resources at Nottingham Trent University; Robert Jeffery, Editor of People Management Magazine; Samantha Mann, Senior Policy and Research Officer at the CIPP; Dr Stan Maklan, Senior Lecturer (or 'Reader') in Strategic Marketing at Cranfield University School of Management; and Martin Kornacki, Brand Editor of Payroll World.
Winners from across the ten award categories included Bridgwater Council for its outstanding HR/payroll project team, London Borough of Croydon for best use of management information and Swinton Group Ltd. for the most transformational HR/payroll project.
For a full list of the winning entries, please see below.
The complete list of 2015 winners:
Greatest Organisational Impact from HR Solutions
- Winner: Torfaen County Borough Council
- Highly Commended: Fife Council and Isos Housing Group
Most Tranformational HR/Payroll Project
- Winner: Swinton Group Ltd
- Highly Commended: Wales Audit Council and Torfaen County Borough Council
Best Implementation Project
- Winner: Bield Housing Association Ltd
- Highly Commended: Norfolk Educational Services and Torfaen County Borough Council
Best Use of Management Information (analytics, reporting and data)
- Winner: London Borough of Croydon
Best Talent Management Initiative:
- Winner: Cafcass
Outstanding Project Team
- Winner: Bridgwater College
- Highly Commended: Loughborough University and Seren Group
Most innovative HR Professional
- Winner: Darren Worsnop from Turner and Townsend Group
- Highly Commended: Andrew Cartwright from Chelmsford City Council
Most innovative HR Director
- Winner: Chris Ashman from Bridgwater College
New Customer Project of the Year 2015
- Winner: Orbit Housing Group
- Highly Commended: Ceredigion County Council
MidlandHR Employee of the Year 2015
- Winner: Matthew Weaver, HR & Payroll Consultant
Do you or someone you know want to be recognised for all your/their professionalism within the industry? Why not nominate for a CIPP award.