Modern Slavery statutory guidance
10 November 2015
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 requires certain organisations to develop an annual statement each year, detailing what steps have been taken to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in their business or supply chains.
Statutory guidance relating to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, which requires the annual statement, has been published by the Home Office.
Any organisation in any part of a group structure will be required to comply with the provision and produce a statement if they:
- are a body corporate or a partnership
- carry on a business, or part of a business, in the UK
- supply goods or services; and
- have an annual turnover of £36m or more.
The guidance Transparency in supply chains: a practical guide provides full details on:
- who is required to publish a statement
- how to write a slavery and human trafficking statement
- how to approve and publish the statement.
Related CIPP news