A million businesses now signed up to HMRC Your Tax Account
09 January 2015
More than a million small businesses have signed up to the HMRC online tax account – Your Tax Account.
HMRC have explained that:
Launched in May 2014, Your Tax Account will, over time, enable small businesses to access everything they need to manage their tax affairs in a single, secure, online space. HMRC has worked with business customers to ensure it reflects their needs and is user-friendly.
The core of the current service is a personalised homepage from which businesses can access:
· links to the key transactions they need to complete (for Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, Pay As You Earn for employers and VAT)
· an overview of their key tax records
· a summary of their current liabilities
· direct links to information and guidance, plus interactive tools
· links to payment information and how to pay.More services will be added as the product develops.