National Minimum Wage quick poll results
05 August 2015
One of our recent polls asked about the awareness of penalties for not paying the National Minimum Wage and we were pleased to see favourable results.
Throughout July we ran a poll on the CIPP website asking: “Did you know that penalties for not paying the National Minimum Wage are now applied per employee?”
72% of respondents said Yes and the remaining 28% said No. However of all those respondents 100% (130) now do know that penalties for not paying the National Minimum Wage are now applied per employee!
In all seriousness it is very encouraging to see that awareness is high. There have been several recent publications on the National Minimum Wage, not least the new campaign giving employers the chance to self-correct without being penalised. If you need a refresher, see our related news items below:
· National Minimum Wage penalty to be calculated per worker - 2 June 2015