Are your employees aware of their Personal Tax Account?
22 July 2016
HMRC’s latest Employer Bulletin urges employers to encourage their employees to use their Personal Tax Account. The Account makes it easier for individuals to manage their tax affairs by bringing them together in one place online. By having their National Insurance number and P60 to hand individuals can set up a Government Gateway account to make sure the process is secure.
The services currently available are:
- checking your income tax estimate and tax code
- telling HMRC about changes affecting your company car
- using the online forms available to claim tax deductible work expenses or tax that’s due back
- seeing the progress of forms you have sent HMRC online
- checking the expected level of your state pension
- renewing your tax credits
- telling HMRC about a change of address
- registering for a paperless relationship with HMRC.
If any of your employees have not yet used their account they can register in a few minutes here.
More services will be added in the future. Later this year your employees will be able to use their Personal Tax Account to:
- view a tax calculation for the previous year(s)
- make payments online
- check their employment history.