Applying for an advance for statutory payments

04 January 2016

HMRC has provided an update via GOV.UK about how to apply for an advance of statutory parental, paternal, adoption or maternity pay.  You can:

  • use the online service to apply for all types of advance which is accessible through your Government gateway log in; or
  • you can complete an on screen form and email these forms individually, with no sign-in:

Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)

Statutory Paternity Pay

Additional Statutory Paternity Pay

Statutory Adoption Pay

Statutory Shared Parental Pay (ShPP)

Please be aware that you will only need to enter the number of weeks you are claiming in this tax year to 5 April and if your funding claim spans 5 April you need to separate it into 2 separate claims. They can be claimed at the same time by completing both sections and identifying them 'Current tax year' and 'New tax year'.