Specialist interest groups relaunched
15 March 2017
Specialist Interest Groups (SIGs) are designed for members to share and resolve issues, concerns or queries with other professionals within the same industry. The CIPP will provide support and answer queries, but the groups are designed to be self-serving.
How will it work?
- As a member you can join any of the online forums that interest you
- You can start a discussion using the discussion tab
- Other group members will then be notified, depending on their notification settings that a discussion has started
- Group members can then add their comments/views to this discussion, and you will receive a notification to let you know that your discussion has been responded to
- The policy team will also be viewing the discussions, however where a piece of news is shared by the policy team, this will be placed under the news tab; please note members can comment on the news but not place news; please use the discussion tab.
- Next is a tab named documents; the policy team will use this to place documents on the SIG, for example a consultation document, or a CIPP response and finally the events tab.
- The policy team and SIG chairs will use the events tab to advise members of consultation forums and other topical events that may be of interest to members.
How to join a SIG?
To add to or update your SIGs please use the group tab in the My CIPP area of the website. SIGs are a member benefit for associate, full and fellow members only, if you would like to upgrade your membership please email us.