31 July deadline to renew Tax Credits
06 July 2016
More than 1.5 million people have renewed their tax credits and with four weeks left until the 31 July HMRC have announced that about 500,000 customers have already chosen to renew their tax credits online. Read about it here.
Tax credit claimants must tell HMRC about any changes to their circumstances that they haven’t already reported, including changes to working hours, childcare costs or income. These changes can be reported through GOV.UK, or via the new HMRC HMRC App.
Information needed in order to renew
- The renewal pack – contact the tax credits helpline if the renewal pack has not arrived by 27 June 2016,
- National Insurance number
- Details about any changes in circumstances
- Claimant and claimant partner’s total income for the last tax year
- The 15 digit number on the renewal pack - if renewing online