The UK’s most family friendly workplaces unveiled
14 September 2018
Employers large and small from across the public, private and third sector compete annually to gain a coveted place on the list of Top Employers for Working Families.
The organisations across the UK who are leading the way in building family friendly, flexible workplaces have been announced. This year’s Top Ten Employers for Working Families (alphabetical order) are:
- American Express
- Barclays Bank
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Independent Living Fund Scotland
- Intellectual Property Office
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Pinsent Masons
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Southdown Housing
Employers take part in Working Families’ benchmark, answering in-depth questions, and are scored on four key areas to build a comprehensive picture of their flexible and family-friendly working policies and practices which specifically support mothers, fathers and carers:
- integration to organisational strategy and culture – which looks at culture, attitude and how far flexible and family-friendly working practices have become embedded
- policy – which looks at the creation, development and deployment of flexible and family-friendly working policies
- consistent practice – which considers how well flexible and family-friendly working is supported
- evidence and statistics – which looks at the effects of flexible and family-friendly working on the organisation, and their ability to understand those effects
Are you ahead or behind the curve?
The Top Employers for Working Families Benchmark was established by Working Families in 2010. It is UK-wide and open to all Working Families’ employer members.
The benchmark is a way for employers to see whether they are ahead or behind the curve in the development of flexible and family-friendly working, and to get tailored feedback and next steps support from Working Families. To register an interest in taking part in the 2019 benchmark contact email@example.com.
Visit ‘Working Families’ for the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers and further details of how your organisation can get involved.