Adding your digital badge to LinkedIn
Showcasing your digital badges is a great way to demonstrate your accomplishments and highlight your skills and special professional achievements to your contacts.
You can add your CIPP digital badge to your LinkedIn profile by following a few simple steps:
- Login to the CIPP eLearning portal
- Copy the URL containing your badge information (criteria)
- Complete a section in your LinkedIn profile
It may sound complicated but it’s more straightforward than it sounds.
Step 1: Logging into the CIPP eLearning portal
The ‘digital badges’ are hosted on the CIPP’s eLearning portal which can be found at http://moodle.cipp.org.uk.
- If you have never used the portal before, you will have received an email from the eLearning portal containing your login details
- Your username is your CIPP membership number including the M prefix
- Your password is contained in the email.
- If you have previously used the site, then you will have set your password to something more memorable than the original random password.
- Once logged in, you will see a link called ‘Chartered membership’, click on that link.
- Once in the Chartered membership area, click on ‘Dashboard’ in the menu on the right.
- Now click on the name under the badge which will take you to the badge details page. This is the information someone clicking on your badge in your signature will see. You will see it contains confirmation of the badge issuer as well as a description and the criteria you satisfied to achieve the award.
Step 2: Copying the criteria URL
If you look at the top of the browser window, you will see a long web address, this is the URL link which we will attach to the image in your email signature. It looks something like this:
If you ‘right click’ using your mouse on the URL, the text will be highlighted and you will have the option to ‘copy’ the text.
Step 3: Adding the information to your LinkedIn profile
Start by logging into your LinkedIn profile.
On the top menu bar, you will se a tab called ‘Me’, usually with a picture of you that you have used in your profile. Click on the picture to get the following:
Now click on ‘View profile’ which will display the following:
Click on the ‘Add profile section’ dropdown arrow:
From the list choose ‘Accomplishments’ and then ‘Certifications’
This will bring up the following dialogue box:
In each of the boxes enter the following:
- Certification name: Chartered Member
- Certification authority: The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) (click on the name when it appears in the box)
- Licence number: this is your CIPP membership number
- From: the month and year as indicated on your Chartered membership card
- To: the month and year as indicated on the Chartered membership certificate
- Certification URL, paste the URL you copied earlier
- Now press the ‘Save’ button to add the information to your LinkedIn profile.
And that's it. Your digital badge should now be displayed in your LinkedIn profile.
If you are experiencing any problems adding your badge to your profile, please email email@example.com.
You can also follow our guide for Adding your digital badge to your email signature.