Certificate in Pensions Administration
Nine month duration
Given the recent legislative changes impacting on pensions, including automatic enrolment, there is more of a requirement than ever for businesses to ensure that their employees are equipped with the necessary pensions knowledge and practical skills to ensure that this crucial process is carried out accurately and efficiently.
Errors in pensions administration can be extremely costly, with fines for non-compliance in relation to automatic enrolment being as much as £10,000 a day. By providing payroll and pension staff with the relevant training, businesses can ultimately save themselves a lot of money.
The Certificate in Pensions Administration has been developed with pension practitioners to ensure that it meets the needs of the industry. It provides a clear opportunity for students to develop and demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and application of job roles in the pension industry.
WHO IS THIS CERTIFICATE AIMED AT?
This certificate is aimed at both the public and the private sector and is an excellent entry level qualification for:
- Payroll professionals who are responsible for administration relating to automatic enrolment
- Pensions administrators who wish to achieve a formal qualification
- Those new to the pensions arena who require training on pension schemes and how to administer them
WHY SHOULD I INVEST IN THIS CERTIFICATE
- Improved knowledge and confidence within your role
- Greater understanding of how pensions schemes should be administered to comply with legislation
- Reduced risks of compliance penalties, especially in relation to automatic enrolment
- Work based assignments which will allow you to apply what you are learning in your day to day role, benefitting both you and your organisation
The Certificate in Pensions Administration is a nine month level 3 course.
There are 6 assignments and 1 exam completely delivered using our online learning platform. The recommended study time per week is 8-10 hours. There is one module review day and one revision session per module, these are live sessions conducted online.
This certificate is split into seven modules:
Overview of UK pension schemes
- The different schemes available; e.g. occupational pensions schemes, defined benefit schemes, defined contribution schemes
- The role of HMRC, the Department for Work and Pensions and The Pensions Regulator
- Annual reporting requirements
Providing pension scheme information
- Criteria for membership
- Providing information to members where their changing circumstances can impact on their potential pension benefits/rights; e.g. eligiblejob holders, non-eligible job holders and entitled workers and the factors which may change which of these an individual belongs to
Creating and maintaining pension scheme member records
- Understanding the scheme rules and organisational procedures
- Completing the new member process within the required dates; the impact of the dates on opting out of the scheme and when to use
- Postponement for automatic enrolment
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
Transferring into and out of pension schemes
- Understand the regulations and requirements relating to transfers
- Data verification
- Calculating and communicating transfers
Amend pension records to reflect a member’s change of circumstances
- Leaving the scheme before retirement
- Understand when pensions benefits may become payable other than for retirement
- Interpret the scheme and regulatory rules to determine the type of benefit payable in the event of a member’s death:
- In service
- While receiving pension payments
- After a divorce
- Calculating and communicating pensions benefits
Payment of scheme benefits to pensioners
- Understand the scheme and regulatory rules relating to the calculations and processes involved in processing a pensioner payroll
- Determining continued payment of pensions benefits
Working as a member of the pensions team
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills and expectations
*Please note that all assignments and exam are completed online through CIPP's online learning platform.
Delivery of the Certificate in Pensions Administration is delivered entirely online via the CIPP’s student web site now including the completion of the exam for module six (Payment of Scheme Benefits to Pensioners).
Benefits of online learning include:
Value for money - webinars are a low cost and effective learning too
- Can learn anytime, anywhere - as well as the interactive webinars, delegates can download the recorded webcast after the event so they can refer back at a time, date and location to suit them
- Subscribe to RSS feeds to ensure that you never miss an online learning opportunity
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
How much does it cost?
Course cost: £1,045+VAT
Please note that Certificate in Pensions Administration is delivered online only.
What do my fees include?
Access to the CIPP’s student website which provides:
- Discussion forums so that students can support each other through online networking and where tutors can respond to any questions that students may have
- All study material, induction and module review day slides, plus any additional information that may assist you in your studies
- Allocation of a tutor to provide you with support
- Exam and assignment fees: please note that there will be additional cost for deferrals and re-sits if required
- Trial student membership of the CIPP for the duration of your studies, providing you with access to:
Once successfully completed you may choose to progress to the Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management.
For more information about the Certificate in Pensions Administration, please email us or phone 0121 712 1023.
EnrolmentsEnrolment form - Spring 2017
Certificate in Pensions Administration - Timetable
*Please note that this intake is subject to meeting minimum student numbers, if the minimum number of students is not achieved your enrolment will be processed for the next available intake
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does this qualification take to complete?
This is a nine month course.
How much time will I need to invest each week?
Recommended study time is seven hours per week.
When does this qualification start?
There are two intakes, spring and autumn.
How much does this qualification cost?
£1,045+VAT, which includes student membership of the CIPP for the duration of your studies. Please contact email@example.com for multiple booking discounts.
For more information
If you would like more information on this course, please email us by clicking the button below.Contact us