This page contains important information on the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management. For more information about the qualification or you enrolment, please email email@example.com.
Enrolment close dates
Please note that intakes are subject to meeting minimum student numbers, if the minimum number of students is not achieved your enrolment will be processed for the next available intake.
Spring 2016 intake enrolment close date:
- FD Payroll - Year 3 - 13/05/16
Autumn 2016 intake enrolment close date:
- FD Payroll - Year 1 – 28/10/16
- FD Payroll - Year 2 – 21/10/16
- FD Payroll - Year 3 – 14/10/16
Timetables - Autumn intake
Use the CIPP's template to gain approval for CIPP qualifications
CIPP Student website
Interview with Foundation Degree Student
Elaine Gibson FCIPP MSc, associate director of professional education, CIPP interviews Dawn Pawn Parry, Foundation Degree in Payroll Management Student
Entry level to the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management can be at year one or two, depending on experience, allowing the qualification to be achieved in two years or three.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning is a method of assessment (leading to the award of credit) that considers whether learners can demonstrate that they can meet the assessment requirements for a unit through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess and do not need to develop through a course of learning. RPL applies to the following CIPP payroll qualifications:
Foundation Degree in Payroll Management and Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management – allowing students to enrol at year two.
Students wishing to enrol on year two of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management or the Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management will have to demonstrate that they have at least two years’ experience in the profession.
The RPL process is:
- Complete the year two application form and return to the CIPP offices via post
- The CIPP will contact you once your application has been received with login details and instructions for the on-line assessment.
- Should you successfully complete the RPL assessment, you shall be enrolled to start at the next available start date
- Should you be unsuccessful, you will be invited to enrol on year one
Student loansDue to changes in HEFCE funding, students enrolling on the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management, Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management and BA (Hons) in Applied Business and Management for the autumn 2012 intake onwards are eligible for student loans to assist with funding these qualifications.
Student loans are available to all self-funding students in England who have not had a student loan previously. They are not based on, nor do they affect, your credit rating.
Students living in Scotland, Wales or Ireland are not currently within the student loan process. Students looking for public support to assist with funding these qualifications should apply for a part time student grant from their respective government body.
The benefits of a student loan to an individual would be:
- No requirement to pay course fees upfront
- No re-payment unless you reach the gross earnings threshold for student loans being £21,000 – from September 2012
- Repayments only commence following completion of the qualification
- You only pay back the equivalent of 9% of your earnings in excess of the gross pay threshold
- No effect on your credit history
- No re-payments due should you not be in work
- No time limit for payment of the full loan
- Gain an industry recognised University accredited qualification which is supported by a Chartered Institute
- No credit check takes place and the loan is automatically available on the basis of the qualification being recognised by the Student Loans Company
Further information on student loans can be viewed here.
Students applying for a student loan must do so through the Student Loan Company. Application packs will consist of the part-time Tuition Fee Loan application form (for new students starting their course on or after 1 September 2012), along with notes and guidance to help students with their application. Information can also be found here.
Please contact the qualifications' team on 0121 712 1023 before completing the student loan application to obtain the correct information.
To download a student loan application form, please the Student Loan Company website.
Please note if you are applying for a student loan for the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management you will be asked for the name of the institute. Please state Heart of Worcestershire College not the CIPP on your application form.