Foundation Degree Access Course
This online course prepares those who have completed the Certificate in Pensions Administration and/or the Payroll Technician Certificate, or have at least two years’ experience, who wish to progress to a higher level of study; using evaluation of existing knowledge, additional support and team working guidance.
Who is this course aimed at?
Those working in either a payroll bureau, accountancy firm or in-house payroll team who have successfully completed the Payroll Technician Certificate, or have over two years’ experience in payroll and are competent in manual calculations.
And, those working in a role which administers the Local Government Pensions Scheme (England & Wales) or working for a Local Government Pensions Scheme (England & Wales) Administrative authority who have successfully completed the Certificate in Pensions Administration; or have over two years’ experience in a Local government pensions environment.
Why should I invest in this course?
The Foundation Degree Access Course is a programme of study designed to bridge the gap for those who have completed the Payroll Technician Certificate and/or the Certificate in Pensions Administration to progress directly onto year two of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management or the Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management.
The course incorporates the revised Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programme to ensure students have the required knowledge and practical know-how to be suitable for the second year of the Foundation Degree.
The programme consists of three components; a working in a team module, the Learning Professional Course, and the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment.
- The Learning Professional support programme comprising:
- Six narrated online presentations
- Completion of workbook
- 1,500 word written assignment (not pass/fail - used to identify skill gaps in academic writing)
- Recognition of Prior Learning online test covering modules from year one of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management, including:
- Objectives of payroll
- Assessment of pay and benefits
- Deductions from pay
- Absence processing
- Working in a team
- Recognition of Prior Learning online test covering modules from year one of the Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management, including:
- Introduction to Pensions Scheme
- Pensions Payroll
- Working in a team
- Roles and Responsibility
- Accruing and improving Benefits
This course is delivered using our online learning platform.
How much does it cost?
The Foundation Degree Access Course costs £1,295 + VAT for both the payroll and pension options.