This course is ideal for administrators, team leaders or managers who are responsible for processing the payroll and who need to put formally documented procedures in place so that payroll can operate, even if they become unavailable for one pay period.
Who is this course aimed at?
What will I learn?
You will learn how to create a manual, based on our template, using your own company procedures. We will clearly explain what is required in each section and clarify the basic principles.
Delegates will leave with a template to adapt for their organisation.
- Organisation of the payroll office/departmental structure
- Job descriptions
- Allocation of responsibilities and duties
- Establishing information and workflows
- Identifying authorisation and verification requirements
- Year end procedures
- Defining processes for starters and leavers
- Data entry requirements
- Incorporating statutory obligations
- Setting timetables
- Comprehensive coverage of all payroll procedures
- On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Adapt/produce their own individual manual tailored to their organisation’s needs
- Understand the principles which need to be adhered to when developing a procedures manual
- Explain the value of a payroll procedures manual
The CIPP offer discounts for registered charities on all 1 and 2 day short courses (excluding Irish and International short courses) and 1 day conferences. These discounts will be applied at the time of invoicing. For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1000. Closing date for bookings is one week prior to the course date.