Whether you are new to Irish payroll, or have years of experience, you will not find a more comprehensive or useful course.
Who is this course aimed at?
This is an essential training course for anyone who is responsible for processing Irish payrolls.
Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have ‘picked up’ over the years. The material covered is presented in a jargon free, easy to understand format and is immediately practical to one’s work as a payroll professional.
What will I learn?
This practical course deals with all of the issues, which are important to anyone either working in, or responsible for, the payroll function. The course covers all of the essential rules in the operation of PAYE and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) and it outlines the rights and obligations of both employers and employees. It uses clear examples to illustrate many of the points raised.
This invaluable course has been highly acclaimed by payroll professionals working in Ireland. Whether you are new to Irish payroll, or have years of experience, you will not find a more comprehensive or useful course.
- Operation and calculation of PAYE and PRSI
- Processes for new employees
- Gross pay for tax purposes
- Tax credits, what they are and how they are calculated and utilised
- Introduction of earned income credit
- Universal Social Charge (USC), various percentages and processes
- Revised rates and thresholds
- Local property tax
- Explanation of pensions, superannuation schemes and PRSAs
- Changes to reporting of valuation
- Standard rate cut-off points, what they are and how they are processed
- Tax bands and emergency processes
- The pay related social insurance system
- PRSI Credits
- Calculating tapered amounts
- Processes for leavers and payments after leaving
- Revenue return forms
- P45 for a female employee who is widowed
- Payslip details and what has to be reported
- Tax defaulters, interest, penalties publication
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Identify key differences from UK payroll systems
- Gross pay
- Tax manually
- PRSI manually
- Check the sequence of calculations
- Check the accuracy of computer output
- Complete and process forms accurately
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 712 1063.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.