50% off payroll and HR legislation update course for CIPP members (Terms apply - see pricing information)
If you only attend one payroll training course a year, make it this one. Payroll legislation is constantly changing and this essential update course covers the latest legislation, case law and all the proposed future changes. The course material is constantly updated to reflect the changes to payroll and HR in the UK. In addition to the learning and in-depth training materials provided on the day, attendance at this course will also provide you with six months membership of the CIPP** which includes:
- Daily or weekly email updates on developments and changes to legislation and other industry news
- Access to the CIPP's Advisory Service helpline, on hand to answer any technical payroll queries that you may have as they arise
- Access to My CIPP members area of the website providing:
- The CIPPs membership magazine, Professional in Payroll, Pensions and Reward
- Webcasts on changes to legislation on topics such as the apprenticeship levy and gender pay gap reporting; as well as an update from the CIPP policy team following the Chancellor’s budget*
*Correct at time of publication. Course materials checked and updated every seven days. **if not already a member
Who is this course aimed at?
The ‘payroll and HR legislation update’ is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on the recent and proposed changes that they will need to implement within their organisations to remain compliant.
This course is perfect for payroll managers, supervisors and team leaders to assist them to keep up to date on recent and proposed legislative changes to ensure their organisation is compliant.
What will I learn?
This unique course will build your expertise and confidence as you will receive detailed explanations and practical information about recent, current and proposed changes in tax, NICs, employment law, deductions and statutory payments. All the 2018-19 rates, thresholds and other figures announced at the Autumn Budget 2017 have been added to the course material.
This course also analyses the impact of the changes on employees, the employer, third parties and the various departments. This training course represents the single best opportunity to be briefed and updated about current changes, future changes and their implications.
Income tax and National Insurance
- Tax and NI contributions
- Personal allowances
- 2018-19 rates, bands and thresholds
- Scottish income tax
- Welsh income tax from April 2019
Real Time Information (RTI)
- Penalties and how to avoid them
- 2018-19 changes to the Full Payment Submission (FPS)
- 2018-19 changes to the Employer Payment Summary (EPS)
- 2018-19 changes to the Earlier Year Update (EYU)
- RTI and tax coding
Optional Remuneration Arrangements (OpRA)
- Restrictions to tax and NICs advantages
- Benefits exempted
- Transitional arrangements
- Impact of changes
Statutory Payments and Leave
- SSP rates for 2018-19
- SMP, SAP, SPP and ShPP rates for 2018-19
- Proposed statutory parental bereavement leave and pay
- SSP reform
Other payroll and HR matters
- Student Loan Deduction thresholds for 2018-19
- Expansion of Student Loan Deductions
- Court Orders and other attachment orders
- Latest ruling re Child Care Vouchers during Maternity Leave
- Relevant proposals in the Finance Bill 2017 - 2019
- General Data Protection Regulation
The Apprenticeship Levy
- Employers who are liable
- How the apprenticeship levy calculated
- Apprenticeship Levy allowance
- Reporting and paying the levy
- Paying for apprenticeships across the UK
Expenses and benefits
- Voluntary payrolling of benefits
- Company cars including
- Changes to car benefit charge from 2020
- Diesel supplement changes
- Latest Advisory Fuel Rates
- Van and fuel benefits
- Latest statutory exemption changes
- Tax-Free Childcare and the end of Employer Supported Childcare
- State pension reform
- The new single tier pension
- Increasing the State Pension Age
- Annual and lifetime allowances
- Automatic enrolment, ongoing duties and re-enrolment
- Caps on early exit charges for pension freedoms
- Tax-free pension advice
Changes to employment rights
- Holiday pay and leave case law
- What to include in holiday pay
- Other regular payments
- Entitlement on contract termination
- Implications for worker status decisions
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates from April 2018
Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Employers who have to report
- What has to be reported
- The accompanying statement
- Publishing the report
Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.
On completion, delegates should:
- Be aware of the legislation changes that affect payroll, whether now or in the future
- Understand implications of such changes
Pricing and booking information
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 712 1063.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
50% off payroll and HR legislation update course for CIPP members
- Payment must have been received for membership to qualify for 50% discount
- 50% discount applies to public course bookings for the payroll and HR legislation update course
- Discount is available to CIPP members only and is non-transferable
- Payroll and HR legislation update must be booked and attended during the membership year
- Only applicable to bookings made after 26 February 2018
- Affiliate members will need to email us to book their place
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply