50% off payroll and HR legislation update course for CIPP members (Terms apply - see pricing information)
If you only attend one payroll training course a year, make it this one. Payroll legislation is constantly changing and this essential update course covers the latest legislation, case law, and all the proposed future changes. The course material is constantly updated to reflect the changes to payroll and HR in the UK.
*Correct at time of publication. Course materials checked and updated every seven days.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course aimed at?
The payroll and HR legislation update is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on the recent and proposed changes that will need to be implemented within their organisations to remain compliant.
This course is perfect for payroll managers, supervisors and team leaders to assist them to keep up to date on recent and proposed legislative changes to ensure their organisation is compliant.
What will I learn?
This unique course will build your expertise and confidence as you will receive detailed explanations and practical information about recent, current and proposed changes in tax, NICs, employment law, deductions and statutory payments. The course material contains rates, thresholds and other figures for the current tax year and 2019-20 figures will be added as soon as they are published.
This training course represents the single best opportunity to be briefed and updated on current changes, future changes and their implications.
Income tax and National Insurance
- Tax and NI contributions
- Personal allowances
- 2019-20 rates, bands and thresholds
- Scottish income tax
- Welsh income tax from April 2019
Real Time Information (RTI)
- Penalties and how to avoid them
- 2019-20 changes to the Full Payment Submission (FPS)
- SSP rates for 2018-19
- SMP, SAP, SPP and ShPP rates for 2018-19
- New statutory parental bereavement leave and pay
- Proposed SSP reform
Other payroll and HR matters
- Student Loan Deduction thresholds for 2019-20
- New PostGraduate Loan (PGL) deductions
- Expansion of Student Loan Deductions
- Court Orders and other attachment orders
- GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- CEO pay ratio reporting
- Consultation on Ethnicity pay reporting
The Apprenticeship Levy
- 2019-20 rate and allowance
- Changes for English apprenticeship funding
Expenses and benefits
- Transitional arrangements for OpRA rule changes
- Voluntary payrolling of benefits
- Company cars including
- Changes to car benefit charge from 2020
- Diesel supplement changes
- Latest Advisory Fuel Rates
- Van and fuel benefits
- Latest statutory exemption changes
- Tax-Free Childcare and the end of Employer Supported Childcare
- Increasing the State Pension Age
- Annual and lifetime allowances
- Automatic enrolment, ongoing duties and re-enrolment
- Pensions dashboard and other guidance changes
Changes to employment rights
- Holiday pay and leave case law
- What to include in holiday pay
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates from April 2019
- Taylor Review into Modern Working Practices and the Government’s response
Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.
The aim of this course is to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date with recent and future changes in tax, National Insurance contributions (NICs), statutory payments and deductions, and other key areas of concern for the Payroll Department such as pensions and related employment law.
At the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Identify key parameters for the current tax year for income tax, NICs, statutory payments and pensions
- Identify recent Pay As You Earn (PAYE) process changes that can affect payroll processing
- Locate appropriate guidance and resources on essential websites such as GOV.UK, Acas and The Pensions Regulator
- Be aware of current and future statutory and procedural changes that affect payroll and related HR processes
- Consider the implications of such changes on their organisation.
Pricing and booking information
For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1063.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
50% off payroll and HR legislation update course for CIPP members
- Payment must have been received for membership to qualify for 50% discount
- 50% discount applies to public course bookings for the payroll and HR legislation update course
- Discount is available to CIPP members only and is non-transferable
- Payroll and HR legislation update must be booked and attended during the membership year
- Only applicable to bookings made after 26 February 2018
- Affiliate members will need to email us to book their place
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply