If you only attend one payroll training course a year, make it this one. The payroll and HR legislation update is constantly updated to reflect the changes to payroll and HR in the UK. In addition to the learning and in-depth training materials provided on the day, attendance at this course will also provide you with six months membership of the CIPP* which includes:
- Daily or weekly email updates on developments and changes to legislation and other industry news
- Access to the CIPP's Advisory Service helpline, on hand to answer any technical payroll queries that you may have as they arise
- Access to My CIPP members area of the website providing:
- The CIPPs membership magazine, Professional in Payroll, Pensions and Reward
- Webcasts on changes to legislation on topics such as the apprenticeship levy and gender pay gap reporting; as well as an update from the CIPP policy team following the Chancellor’s budget
*if not already a member.
Who is this course aimed at?
The payroll and HR legislation update is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on the recent and proposed changes that they will need to implement within their organisations to remain compliant.
What will I learn?
This unique course will provide detailed explanations and practical information about recent, current and proposed changes in tax, NICs, employment law, deductions and statutory payments.
In addition, all the payroll related changes announced in the recent Spring Budget are analysed and their impact fully explained. This focused payroll training course represents the single best opportunity to be briefed and updated about changes affecting payroll including rates and thresholds for 2017-18.
Income tax and National Insurance
- Tax and NI including rates and thresholds for 2017-18
- Personal allowances
- Tax code update
- Scottish and Welsh Income Tax
- Employment Allowance changes
- Amount available for 2017-18
- Penalties for hiring illegal workers
- The future of integrating Tax and National Insurance
Real Time Information (RTI)
- Penalties and how to avoid them
- 2017-18 changes to the Full Payment Submission (FPS)
- 2017-18 changes to the Employer Payment Summary (EPS)
- HMRC guidance for EPS payment dates
Optional Remuneration Arrangements
- Tax-Free Childcare and the end of childcare vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice Restrictions
- Transitional arrangements
- Impact of changes
Statutory Payments and Leave
- SSP rates for 2017-18
- SMP, SAP, SPP and ShPP rates for 2017-18
- Shared Parental Leave and Pay – the future
Other payroll and HR matters
- Expansion of Student Loan deductions
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates from April 2017
- Court Orders and other earnings attachments
- Latest ruling re Child Care Vouchers during Maternity Leave
- Final changes to the Finance Act 2017
The Apprenticeship levy and how it affects you
- Employers who are liable
- Companies with multiple PAYE schemes
- How is the apprenticeship levy calculated
- Apprenticeship levy allowance
- Reporting and paying the levy
- How the levy is distributed across the UK
- Paying for English apprenticeships
Expenses and benefits
- Optional remuneration arrangements (salary sacrifice) restrictions
- Voluntary payrolling of benefits
- Company cars including
- Changes to car benefit charge from 2016 to 2020
- Fuel benefit changes
- Latest Advisory Fuel Rates
- Latest statutory exemption changes
- Van and fuel benefits
- State pension reform
- The new single tier pension
- Increasing the State Pension Age
- Annual and lifetime allowances
- Automatic enrolment and re-enrolment
- New caps on early exit charges for pension freedoms
Changes to employment rights
- What should be included in holiday pay
- Case law on holiday pay
- Performance related payments
- Case law on holiday pay
- Changes to Employee Shareholder Status
- Other Payroll and HR matters
Gender Pay Gap and Reporting
- Employers who have to comply to this legislation
- Impact of snapshot date
- What has to be reported?
- Mean and Median Pay Gap and Bonus
- Proportions of men and of women receiving bonus
- Proportions of men and women in each quartile
Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.
On completion, delegates should:
- Be aware of the legislation changes that affect payroll, whether now or in the future
- Understand implications of such changes
Pricing and booking information
The CIPP offer discounts for registered charities on all one and two day payroll training courses (excluding Irish and International short courses).
Terms and conditions
Discounts will be applied at the time of invoicing and only valid on bookings received via email to email@example.com and cannot be redeemed online. No other discounts can be applied. Terms and conditions apply and can be found here. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 712 1000.
Closing date for bookings is one week prior to the course date.