Payroll requires procedures to ensure compliance and accuracy. This course will provide the tools and confidence to create a payroll procedures manual utilising the template and subject matter covered during the day.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course aimed at?
Individuals who are responsible for payroll processes and managing the formal compilation of their payroll procedures manual.
This course would also be useful for those that are preparing for the Payroll Assurance Scheme.
Looking to develop your knowledge further? You may benefit from the following courses:
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Gender pay gap reporting
- National minimum wage and other worker entitlements
- Insight into payroll management
- Payroll and HR legislation update
What will I learn?
What will I learn?
You will learn how to create a payroll procedure manual, based on CIPP’s template, using your own company rules and procedures, and current legislation. The theory and the associated legislation relating to all payroll subjects that are commonly entered into a manual will be discussed to ensure the attendee’s knowledge is up to date.
Following this training, you will be able to utilise the information to adapt the electronic payroll procedure manual to meet your organisation’s requirements.
Delegates will learn how to build a procedures manual
- Organisation and structure of the payroll section
- Job descriptions
- Allocation of responsibilities and duties
- Establishing information and workflows
- Identifying authorisation and verification requirements
- Year end procedures
- Defining processes for starters and leavers
- Data entry requirements
- Incorporating statutory obligations
- Setting payroll cycle timetables
- Comprehensive coverage of all payroll procedures
At the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Produce a tailored manual
- Understand the development principles
- Know what to include in a payroll manual
- Explain to the business the value of the payroll manual
For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1000.
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply