Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is the course aimed at?
Payroll administrators, payroll coordinators or payroll supervisors working in either a payroll bureau, accountancy firm or in-house payroll team who are responsible for administering payroll.
If you are a new member of the payroll staff, you may benefit from completing our:
You must have prior working experience of manually calculating PAYE income tax.
Looking to develop your knowledge further? You may benefit from the following courses:
What will I learn?
The wider implications of the National Minimum Wage regulations to organisations, and the risks, when not compliant.
- Who is eligible to be paid the minimum wage, including the implications of recent worker status cases
- What pay and hours to include and what to exclude
- How to make the calculations
- How the processes vary for different types of work
- How to apply annual rate increases, including the implications of pay increases on pay structures
- How deductions can affect the calculations
- Interaction of the minimum wage with aspects of the Working Time Regulations
- Compliant record-keeping
- Penalties compliance and HMRC’s enforcement powers
- Tips on avoiding the most common errors
To ensure that delegates return to their workplace with the confidence to audit current procedures and pay systems. The delegate will also begin to identify and make recommendations for improvements, that could reduce the organisation’s risk of non-compliance and the financial and reputational costs that could follow.