This one day training course is essential for anyone that has to process payroll for education establishments in the UK.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com.
Who is this course aimed at?
Individuals and teams, responsible for processing payroll in schools, colleges and universities in England and Wales should attend this course, whether they are processing payroll in-house or on behalf of their clients.
What will I learn?
- Statutory sources for terms and conditions of employment
- The ‘burgundy book’
- The ‘green book’
- School teachers pay and conditions document
- Part-time workers (prevention and less favourable treatments regulations 2000)
- Fixed term employees (prevention and less favourable treatment) regulations 2002
- Working Time Regulations 1998
- School terms
- Salary determination and notification
- Allowances and additional payments
- Teaching staff
- Qualified teachers
- Supply teachers
- Payments to head teachers
- Support staff
Upon completion, delegates should be able to:
- Fully understand the complex changes to government pension schemes implemented in April 2014 and further changes introduced in April 2015 to the teacher's pension
- Understand the contractual elements of payroll for their educational establishment
- Understand the legislation associated with payroll for educational establishments and where to go for clarification
Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply