Wondering how we can keep you up to date with payroll changes?
With frequent announcements from the Government about the COVID-19 pandemic and the direct impact this has on payroll processes, why not take advantage of hearing the latest updates; book your place on our payroll update course now.
Did you know that there are over 170 pieces of legislation that can affect your payroll processes? Book your place on the next Payroll Update course to keep your knowledge current and ensure your business is compliant.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform. Log in details for the platform will be sent to you ten days before the course start date.
If you have any problems or questions, please email [email protected].
Why you should attend
Attending this update course will give you the latest legislation, case law and all the proposed future changes, so you can walk away confidently knowing your knowledge is up to date.
This course is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on recent and proposed changes that will need to be implemented within their organisations to remain compliant.
The course is perfect for the more senior members of the payroll team (payroll managers, supervisors and team leaders), providing them with details of all recent and proposed legislative changes to ensure their organisation remains compliant.
What you will learn
To ensure those with payroll responsibility remain up to date with recent and future changes in tax, National Insurance contributions (NICs), statutory payments and deductions, along with other key areas of concern for the Payroll Department such as pensions, expenses and benefits and changes to employment rights.
This training course represents the single best opportunity to be briefed and updated on current changes, future changes and their implications.
- Identify key parameters for the current tax year for income tax, NICs, statutory payments and pensions
- Identify recent Pay as You Earn (PAYE) process changes that can affect payroll processing
- Locate appropriate guidance and resources on essential websites such as GOV.UK and ACAS
- Be aware of current and future statutory and procedural changes that affect payroll and related HR processes
- Consider the implications of such changes in their organisation
- Personal allowances
- UK Rates, bands and thresholds
- Tax codes
- Scottish income tax rates and thresholds
- Welsh income tax rates
National Insurance contributions (NICs)
- NICs limits and thresholds
- NICs rates
- NICs holiday for employing veterans
- Employment Allowance
Operating Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Changes to Real Time Information submissions
- End of Earlier Year Update
- Changes to treatment of termination payments and sporting testimonial income
- Deferred off-payroll working reforms
Statutory pay and leave
- Statutory Sick Pay rates
- Family-related statutory pay rates
- New entitlement to Statutory Parental Bereavement Leave and associated pay
- On the horizon: neonatal leave and pay
- Undergraduate Student Loan Deduction repayment rates thresholds
- Postgraduate Student Loan Deduction repayment rate and threshold
- Apprenticeship Levy rate and allowance
Expenses and benefits
- Transitional arrangements for optional remuneration arrangements
- Salary sacrifice and minimum wage
- Company cars – change to CO2 emissions test
- Latest exemptions and easements
- Voluntary payrolling of benefits in kind
- Tax relief and charges on pension savings
- Automatic enrolment – earnings trigger and bands
- Latest on Pensions dashboards
- Latest on Collective Defined Contribution pension schemes
Employment rights and other matters
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
- Changes to regulations – salaried work hours
- Extension of holiday pay reference period
- Latest employment status case law
Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.
Prior learning required
This course is not designed for those new to payroll. You need to have a working/operational knowledge in either a payroll or HR capacity, ideally (though not essentially) at supervisor level or above. The following courses would be useful before attending; Payroll Technician Certificate, introduction to PAYE and NICs, introduction to statutory payments and essential additions to payroll basics.
Continuing your learning
CEO pay ratios reporting
The Government has introduced legislation requiring listed companies to disclose figures and narrative about the ratios between the pay of their CEOs and that of average employees.
This new requirement requires the collaboration of payroll, HR and finance professionals. This online course delves in more detail than the brief outline provided on Payroll update, enabling delegates to begin preparations and to calculate the ratios using recent data so organisations can ensure compliance and prepare themselves for the inevitable spotlight that will be shone on the published data.
50% off payroll update course for CIPP members
- Payment must have been received for membership to qualify for 50% discount
- 50% discount applies to public course bookings for the payroll and HR legislation update course
- Discount is available to CIPP members only and is non-transferable
- Payroll update must be booked and attended during the membership year
- Affiliate members will need to email us to book their place