5% off course of the week: Payroll for HR and Accounting Professionals
26 September 2014
Save 5% off the cost of attending the Payroll for HR and Accounting Professionals when booking between Friday 26 September until Thursday 2 October for any of the course dates during 2014.
Payroll for HR and Accounting Professionals has been designed specifically for non-payroll personnel including HR, software developers, finance and anyone who needs an insight into payroll administration.
What will I learn?
You will come away with a solid overview of all aspects of payroll, including the crucial relationships required within an organisation, details of the complete payroll cycle, the payroll implications of company benefits, importance of deadlines, basic tax and NI and the fines for getting this fundamental business function wrong.
- Payroll's essential relationship with other departments
- Payroll deadlines
- Payroll cycle
- Key payroll dates
- Legislation and case law
- Legislation that impacts payroll
- Employment status: employed or self-employed?
- National minimum wage
- Holiday pay
- Lawful, versus unlawful, deductions
- PAYE and national insurance
- Tax rates, allowances, threshold and codes
- Correct treatment of starters, leavers and payments after leaving
- Benefits in kind, including childcare vouchers
- National insurance
- Directors’ NIC
- Real time information and the new data requirements
- Statutory payments and deductions
- SSP, SMP, SAP and SPP
- Student loans
- Court orders
- Workplace pensions and automatic enrolment
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Enhance working relations within payroll, HR, IT, finance and other departments, including third parties
- Improve services to employees through better, more effective communication;
- Understand the day to day obstacles to be overcome when producing a payroll as well as fulfilling corporate and statutory obligations
- Promote the image of the payroll department