Course of the week: P11D, Expenses and Benefits
01 April 2014
The tax and NICs treatment of expense payments and benefits in kind is complex, with numerous pitfalls for the unwary or unprepared.Without exception, every year there are changes to the statutory rules which impact on employers’ systems and processes. Employers are constantly alert to controlling and reducing employment costs yet often seek to maintain or enhance the range of benefits on offer to their employees.
Whenever HMRC conducts an audit of an employer’s records, processes and systems, the inspector focuses on the payment of expenses and the provision of benefits in kind. It is commonplace for HMRC to find discrepancies and to demand the payment of significant amounts of underpaid tax and NICs for past years. Misunderstanding the implications of the statutory requirements can prove very costly.
This course is designed to guide delegates through the complexities of the tax and NICs rules and to provide them with clarity and confidence.
This course is taking place:
For further dates and locations please click here.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with responsibility for the compensation and benefits packages within their organisation.
- Statutory Requirements and Implications
- Cars and Vans
- Beneficial Loans
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses
- Other Expenses
- Vouchers / Credit Cards / Tokens
- Gifts and Awards
- Retirement Benefits
- Salary Sacrifice and Waiver Schemes
- Flexible Benefits Schemes
- PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Taxed Award Schemes
- Grossing Up
On completion, delegates should:
- Understand the general tax and NICs rules of expenses payments and benefits in kind for employers and employees
- Comprehend the processing and recording requirements of expenses and benefits
- Confidently conduct discussions and negotiations with HMRC
- Review their employer’s expenses and benefits systems
What our delegates say...
"I will be able to apply content to my daily work from today! I will also use notes for reference."
"Exactly what I was expecting. Very good."
The CIPP offer discounts for registered charities on all 1 and 2 day short courses (excluding Irish and International short courses) and 1 day conferences. These discounts will be applied at the time of invoicing. For more information please email email@example.com or call us on 0121 712 1000. Closing date for bookings is one week prior to the course date.