Countdown bulletins – March 2019
06 March 2019
Two countdown bulletins have been published for March, containing important updates about the end of contracting-out.
Although contracting-out came to an end in April 2016, schemes are still submitting termination and transfer notices with end dates on or after 6 April 2016.
The National Insurance Services to Pensions Industry (NISPI) countdown bulletins provide additional guidance for pension scheme administrators to enable them to make sure all individuals contracted out pension rights are secured correctly.
Countdown bulletin 43 includes updates on:
- Pension Scheme Administrator queries
- Pension Scheme Administrator guidance about the end of contracting-out
- Scheme Reconciliation Service process improvements
- Reminder of deadlines
- Contracted-out statements
Countdown bulletin 44 includes an update on:
- Scheme Financial Reconciliation Update
Previous editions of the Countdown Bulletin are also available on GOV.UK.