Course of the week: Introduction to Payroll
06 May 2014
Who is this course aimed at?
The introduction to payroll course is ideal for those new to payroll that require training on the fundamental elements of payroll processing, such as calculating deductions from pay.
It is also a fantastic course for those that have been out of the industry for a while and are looking for a comprehensive refresher.
What will I learn?
It covers the core payroll skills required to administer the payroll function, such as calculation of gross pay and statutory deductions. It provides a good knowledge base in areas which may not come up every pay period, but can cause confusion when they do, such as court orders, student loans and processing starters and leavers. It also gives an understanding of the interaction between payroll and other internal and external bodies.
The course will cover:
- The gross to net process
- Starters and leavers
- Directors national insurance
- Real time information
- Full payment submission (FPS)
- Determining employment status
- Administration of deductions
- Pensions overview
- Student loans
- Attachment of Earnings Order
- Jury service
- Remittances and end of year obligations
For the full course outline click here
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Manually calculate the gross to net function demonstrating a broad knowledge of payroll and statutory obligations