Fifth Self-Employment Income Support Scheme grant information
29 July 2021
Individuals who are intending to make a claim for the fifth Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant will be able to make claims shortly.
They should search ‘SEISS’ on GOV.UK any time from the personal claim date they are provided with, up until 30 September 2021.
In order to confirm eligibility and make a claim, the following information is required:
• The turnover figure for a 12-month period from April 2020 to April 2021
• The turnover figure for 2019-20 or 2018-19, if required
• The individual’s National Insurance (NI) number – this can be located via the HMRC app or an individual’s Personal Tax Account (PTA). Alternatively, the individual can liaise with their tax agent if they have one
• The Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number – this can be located on an individual’s Self-Assessment papers, in their PTA or provided by an individual’s tax agent
• Government Gateway user ID and password – to avoid delays, individuals should ensure they can log in to the Government Gateway prior to their personal claim date. Where an individual does not have an account, or has forgotten their details, they can follow instructions on GOV.UK by searching ‘HMRC services: sign in or register’. They should also check that their contact details are correct in their Government Gateway account
• The individual’s bank account number and sort code – for building society accounts, individuals should include the roll number if they have one
To assist those wishing to make a claim for the fifth grant, HMRC has published videos and webinars on the topic, which can be accessed here.
The information in this article is accurate at the time of publication. For all the latest information, news and resources on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting payroll professions, visit our Coronavirus hub.