HMRC publish Agent Update 76
13 February 2020
Agent Update 76 has just been published and combines the latest updates, information and support for the entire agent community.
The Agent Update is published by HMRC as part of its Working Together programme for Agents and provides a wide range of updates that span all tax types.
The Update echoes a substantial amount of information provided in the recently released Employer Bulletin for February 2020 but there are a number of other relevant articles to read up on.
There is information relating to the changes to the Short-Term Business Visitors (STBVs) special arrangement from 6 April 2020, including information on how to join Appendix 8 or how to cease the special arrangement. There is also news relating to the changes of coding-out of debt via Self-Assessment and how HMRC will begin to amend tax codes to collect debt automatically from March 2020, as opposed to waiting until the 6 April following the notification letter sent to employees to recoup debt via tax codes.
There is also a very timely reminder, ahead of Valentine’s day, that married couples can claim the Marriage Allowance, subject to certain criteria and that this benefit has recently been extended to civil partnerships, due to changes in the law.
Articles in the latest update include information about:
- Future relationship with the EU
- Disguised remuneration – Independent review of the loan charge: what it means for your clients
- Capital Gains Tax Payment for Property Disposals
- Research and Development Claims
- Diesel Supplement Company Car Tax Exemption changes
- Ultra-Low Emission Vehicles
- Sending your client’s 2020-21 Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) return
- Reminder – Changes to the Short-Term Business Visitors (STBVs) special arrangement under Regulation 141
- Help us to improve the Corporate Interest Restriction Return
- Student and Postgraduate Loans
- Changes to the coding-out of debt via Self Assessment
- New National Minimum Wage rates announced
- Marriage Allowance
- Reporting expenses and benefits
- Reporting final PAYE submissions
- Preparing for changes to the Employment Allowance
- National Insurance rates and thresholds for tax year 2020-2021
- Class 1A liabilities payable on Termination Awards, Sporting Testimonials and Sporting Testimonial Payments come into effect from 6 Aprill
- Corporation Tax
- Off-payroll working rules from April 2020
- Parental Bereavement Leave and Pay
- Admin Burden Advisory Board (ABAB) – Tell ABAB Survey
- Booklet 480 available online
This edition is absolutely crammed with need to know material, so we thoroughly encourage you to read it in its entirety.
You can also catch up with the latest news on Making Tax Digital and the Working Together section includes an update on the Issues Overview Group and the recent issues raised on the Agent Forum…
…plus much, much more. Agent Update 76 can be read in full at GOV.UK.