Today is your last day to stand forward as a CIPP board director
27 June 2018
Do you want to help shape the future of the CIPP and the payroll, pensions and reward profession? It is that time of year again when the CIPP begins our search for enthusiastic individuals to become a member of the board. This is your chance to step forward as a payroll representative, and positively impact your profession.
Board directors must be either a current associate, full, fellow or Chartered member of the CIPP.
Board directors should possess the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of the objectives and range of activities of the CIPP
- Ability to think at a strategic level, understanding both the process of development and implementation of policy and the implications of strategic and policy decisions on the CIPP’s resources
- Ability to understand budgets and the financial wellbeing of the CIPP
- Analytical understanding and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to see the external environment objectively
- Ability to promote the CIPP internally and externally in a positive and constructive way
- Leadership ability, influencing others and making decisions as necessary
- Understanding of a team member role, so as to listen/work constructively with others
- Specific skills to enhance professionalism including presentation (technical and practical), oral communication (including summarising) and interpersonal skills
- Be a current associate, full, fellow or Chartered member of the CIPP
The role involves a commitment to four quarterly board meetings, plus occasional ad-hoc meetings (some of which will be by telephone or video conference), as well as representation at a number of Institute events and conferences. During a year the total commitment is expected to be around 8–12 days. All applicants will be required to submit a candidate statement which will be submitted to the appointments committee for review in accordance with the role specification. Candidates who meet the criteria outlined in the role specification will be voted for by the CIPP members at the Annual General Meeting held on 4 December 2018.
Please specify within your candidate statement:
- Why you wish to stand for election to the board of directors
- What skills and experience you will bring to the board
- Strategic achievements to date
- Where you believe the future lies for CIPP
The deadlines for applications are the 31 August 2018, so apply sooner rather than later and complete our application form here.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity for both yourself and the payrollers around you!