Job alert: payroll and pensions trainer (freelance)
15 July 2019
Job Title: Payroll and Pensions Trainer (Freelance)
Function of Role: Delivering training courses and supporting the training function
Reports To: Training and quality assessment manager
Start Date: As soon as possible following successful application
We are looking for the following areas:
- West Midlands
- London and Greater London
- West Country
This role will be the primary source for:
- Delivering payroll training courses both in-house and public
- Developing and growing relationships with key customers
- Encourage future business
Deliver high-quality training, ensuring that they are interesting, enjoyable and the learning objectives are achieved.
Participate in the creative design of training courses, including content mapping and learning objectives.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Resourceful and dynamic individual; able to adapt to change and perform against tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- High attention to detail is required with excellent research and analytical skills
- An orientation towards continuous learning
- Highly skilled and experienced in problem-solving
- Considers the learner and learning environment when communicating information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong team player with excellent organisational, project and time management skills
- Ability to assess community, business and industry needs using market research, and other sources
Technical Competencies Required:
- Ability to monitor legislation for content changes to the payroll profession and contextualise is application
- Comprehensive training and facilitation skills and the ability to adapt to varying audiences
- Skilled written communicators that are able to write; training courses, publications and social media communications
- Proficient computer skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recent and substantial payroll management delivery experience
- A minimum level five or equivalent qualifications in Payroll and/or Pensions
- Demonstrable customer experience focus
- Demonstrable ability to deliver presentations to individuals with different learning styles and motivations for learning
- Demonstrable ability to facilitate and deliver training using a number of different mediums, for example, Face to Face, Online and Webinar
- An ability to liaise with key people, whether interested internal parties or external suppliers
- The ability to deal accurately with day-to-day important and often urgent task, while not losing sight of the overall job purpose
- Excellent understanding of how payroll is delivered in different sized organisations as well as organisations that impact on the payroll functions for example HMRC
- Drive, determination and resilience
There will be a requirement to travel and there may be a requirement to be away overnight.
Essential to hold one of the following or an equivalent:
- The CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management
- The CIPP Diploma in Payroll Management
Pay & Expenses:
Full-day training course
Half-day training course
Annual trainer development day
- Mileage will be paid at 0.45p per mile (if your journey exceeds a 150-mile round trip, authorisation must be obtained from the Line Manager/Director before the journey takes place. An alternative form of travel may be more appropriate).
- Some expenses will not be refunded, these include and are not limited to:
- Taxi fares
- Subsistence for meals without prior arrangements
- Travel that has not been authorised by the line manager/director.
Where accommodation is required, this should be booked in advance via the Head Office Events Team only, with prior approval from the training and quality assessment manager.
If you are interested in this role please send your cover letter and CV across to Jason Clark.